Wirtgen Australia – Premium Compressed Air System
WIRTGEN AUSTRALIA is a market leader in the manufacture and supply of profiling machines to mining and civil companies. S & L Engineering won the tender to supply and install a complete compressed air system for their new facility in Apac Way, South Guildford, Western Australia, which reached practical completion in September 2014.
The system consisted of:
- 2 x MARK RMD75KW VARIABLE SPEED DRIVEN DRY SCREW COMPRESSORS
- 1 X 4000L AIR RECEIVER
- STAINLESS STEEL 100MM TIG WELDED PIPEWORK
- FILTRATION DOWN TO RES OIL 0.005mg/m3
- HOT AIR DUCTING THROUGH THE ROOF
- AN OILY WATER SEPARATOR FOR TREATMENT OF CONDENSATE REMOVED FROM THE COMPRESSED AIR SYSTEM
The RMD VSD screw compressor is equipped with the latest ES4000 ADVANCE CONTROLLER, enabling highly efficient operation and monitoring of components, resulting in minimum power usage and reduced maintenance costs.
All equipment, other than the ducting system, was preassembled in our workshop, then disassembled and installed in the plant room situated on the 4th floor of the facility. The installation and commissioning of the system was completed and operational within 5 working days.
All trades and technical support required for this project were sourced from within the S & L team.